Be part of a team dedicated to serving The Willows Event Center patrons and uncovering event center needs, creating signature service experiences with a positive impact on each guest’s experience, and exemplifying unity, growth, excellence and generous stewardship.
Banquet Servers will perform food and drink serving duties during events while connecting with guests in a joyful, patient, and efficient manner. They will also assist with pre-event prep work that will include venue set ups, catering preparation and any other tasks needed for the event.
- Discuss event details with Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain
- Set up for events by putting tablecloths and place settings and décor on tables, arranging table placement based on the specified layout and setting up any catering items
- Carrying plates of food on trays and serving guests
- Keep drink glasses filled throughout the meal service
- Remove catering items from tables at the end of a meal
- Perform cleaning tasks and breakdown of events
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards
- Maintain a high level of excellence through service
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Team Player: displays humility, hunger to learn and grow
- Attention to Detail: ability to see beyond the big picture to properly execute an event
- Problem Solving and Adaptability: you must be able to quickly and effectively solve problems that are thrown your way
- Listener: respect the event lead and follow the instructions asked
- Service: strive for smooth event flow and anticipate the needs of the guests
- Servant-minded: A longing to humbly serve people around you
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous catering or restaurant service experience
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- Part Time less than 30 hours a week
- Days, nights and weekends required
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations required