Lead a team dedicated to serving The Ninety Two Bakery & Cafe guests and enjoys providing an excellent level of customer service. Strive to create a positive impact on each guest’s experience and exemplify Unity, Growth, Excellence and Generous Stewardship.
Passionate about crafting and creating specialty sandwiches, soups and salads. Desire to pursue learning and growing in your knowledge and excellence in food service and preparation. Managing the day-to-day food experience and kitchen team work flow.
Essential Job Functions
- Walk alongside and direct your team members and monitor day-to-day operations.
- Grow your team by modeling, equipping, developing, empowering, and measuring progress in each team member
- Develop growth plans for your team members and continuously look for ways to grow them by offering training opportunities, classes, seminars, and literature
- Follow all appropriate health code and local jurisdiction food handling requirements, maintain food safety certifications, and model exemplary food health safety practices
- Continually look for ways to improve processes, quality of our product and customer experience
- Intentionally look for ways to grow yourself personally, and professionally. Always be a student of the business
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in food prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, and taking out trash.
- Able to oversee quality of each food item that is being delivered to every guest, pursuing consistency.
- Order supplies and ensure ingredients never run out without creating significant waste.
- Delivering a memorable experience by resolving all guests issues promptly.
- Have fun and build relationships!
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food prep or restaurant service experience required.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Team Player: displays humility and encourages others.
- Servant-minded: A longing to humbly serve people around you.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, guests, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head & below waist.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- Evenings and weekends may be required
- Meetings and events outside of normal working hours may be required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips