Be part of a team dedicated to serving The Ninety Two Bakery & Cafe guest’s and enjoys providing an excellent level of customer service. Strive to create a positive impact on each guest’s experience and exemplify Unity, Growth, Excellence and Generous Stewardship.
Passionate about crafting, creating, specialty coffee drinks. Passion to pursue learning and growing in your knowledge and excellence in coffee. Supervising the day to day coffee experience and barista team work flow.
Essential Job Functions
- Able to oversee quality of each drink being delivered to every guest, pursuing consistent quality.
- Ability to grow into ordering supplies and ensure coffee ingredients never run out without creating significant waste.
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, and specialty beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, utensils, and equipment.
- Cleaning service and seating areas.
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to guest’s.
- Servicing guests and taking orders.
- Collaborating with the kitchen for prompt and correct delivery of orders.
- Delivering a memorable experience by resolving all guests issues promptly.
- Assisting with the tidying of tables, clearing leftovers, and keeping the dining area neat and pleasant.
- Have fun and build relationships!
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous barista or restaurant service experience required.
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Enthusiasm to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Team Player: displays humility and encourages others.
- Servant-minded: A longing to humbly serve people around you.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, guests, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 25-40 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- Full-time 30-40 hours per week
- Days, nights, and weekends required
- Lunch meetings and events outside of normal working hours are required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips