Position in Lubbock
Connections CoordinatorApply Now
To promote spiritual growth, built around Christian principles, for our employees and their families by providing opportunities to connect with God, connect with each other and connect with their community.
To serve our employees and their families by providing spiritual growth opportunities in the marketplace.
Essential Job Functions
- Model and encourage spiritual growth, proper personal priorities and healthy relationships.
- Help plan and teach weekly devotional times for a variety of groups and settings
- Plan and drive logistics related to regional internal events (such as Friday lunches, quarterly gatherings, etc.) by selecting locations, coordinating RSVPs, managing reservations, speakers, caterers and being a liaison for employee questions/concerns
- Proactively observe and identify healthy opportunities for growth among teams
- Organize celebrations and sympathies for employee life events including: birthdays, company anniversaries, wedding/baby showers, graduations, new Betenbough home employee purchases, deaths, and sickness; support and equip employees to do the same for each other, homeowners, trade partners, and community relationships
- Build a culture of generosity through: Researching and presenting local community grants applications, coordinating community service opportunities and connecting employees with their service passions
- Advocate for organizational initiatives and company core values
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Thorough awareness of Biblical Christian teaching and ability to communicate those truths so any audience can understand
- Mature understanding of Christian worldview and the ability to articulate these principles to others
- Experience leading devotions or Bible studies
- Good with people – playful, positive, genuinely interested in people, patient with others, ability to be supportive and motivate, while having discernment
- Ability to handle confrontation well – doesn’t shy away from tough conversations, yet still remains approachable, displays emotional intelligence
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Available and flexible – a generous spirit that understands connection moments with people aren’t always conveniently scheduled. For example, urgent employee care needs, scheduling team events, etc.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal, both one-on-one and leading/teaching in small groups
- Self-motivated trailblazer – proactive, good time management, able to prioritize
- Team player – able to work within a close team with healthy peer-to-peer accountability
- Experience with computers and technology
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- Full-time position – Monday through Friday with varying hours either 7am to 4pm or 8am to 5pm
- Occasional meetings and events outside of normal working hours are required
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations is required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Company-issued cell phone
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Company Training Opportunities
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Paid Time Off Policy