The Construction Manager is responsible for leading, training and holding the construction team and trade partners accountable for the daily tasks, practices, discipline, and environment on and around the job site, while passing on company philosophies. You should also intentionally be modeling and promoting spiritual, personal and professional growth in each team member.
- You’re charged with leading your team in alignment with our corporate mission and purpose, while maintaining a culture of unity, growth, excellence, and generous stewardship.
- Facilitate weekly one on ones meetings with your team members.
- Weekly train construction team on quality expectations, scheduling, phase management, and trade partner relationships.
- Work with all regional managers to identify recurring issues and resolve them, while improving our systems and processes.
- Recruit trade partners and develop relationships with new and current trades.
- Facilitate morning construction meetings, while creating a healthy open environment for discussion.
- Work with the regional management team to set yearly goals to preserve and grow our value in the market.
- Help the regional management team with monitoring community appearance.
- 5 years of residential home building experience
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Karass Negotiations workshop or relative negotiation experience.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Variation of environments: office and field role.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, lots of walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment, overhead construction, and various construction materials.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 20 – 75 pounds.
Hours and Schedule
- Average 50 hours per week (7am-5pm, M-F).
- Travel is occasionally required.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips