Position in Midland
Detail Technician Intern
To provide world class craftsmanship in the finishing touches of Betenbough Homes that exceeds the expectations of our current and future home buyers.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new skills needed for the position.
- Deliver Betenbough quality and value through high end craftsmanship in the final details of the home.
- Assume responsibility for all the detail work performed in assigned homes.
- Inspect all work for quality and completion.
- Complete all finishing details such as: Caulking, paint touch-up, minor texture repairs, etc.
- Collaborate with the detail team to insure each home stays on schedule for our Welcome Home Celebrations.
- Develop a personal organizational system to be efficient and responsive in your role.
- Self motivated
- Self starter
- Strong work ethic / consistent
- Intrinsic desire to achieve and perform.
- Able to work autonomously.
- “Tinkerer” with tasks and processes within the role.
- Motivated from perfecting tasks by repetition.
- Detail-oriented while balancing work progress.
- Optimistically embraces change.
- Able to shift through a variety of different tasks.
- Successfully work with a variety of personalities in group work.
- Hands On / Mechanically Inclined
- Love to work with your hands and not sitting at a desk.
- Desire to learn and become efficient with your craft.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Communication – Good
- Problem Solving – Good
- Time Management – Good
- Planning and Organization – Good
- Mechanically Inclined – Good
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodated.
- Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Effective communication skills with co-workers, trade partners, and homeowners.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle safely.
Hours & Schedule
- Seasonal: June – August
- 45 – 50 hours per week (7am-5pm, M-F).
- 35 minute – 1 hour lunch required.
- Lunch meetings are occasionally required.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Company-issued cell phone
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Company Training Opportunities
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Paid Time Off Policy