Create vision and bring new communities to life.
Execute planning items while building rapport with key municipal staff and elected officials. Assist the Land Team in taking raw parcels of land through entitlement prior to development of homesites for future families. This is an engaging and rewarding role that collaborates across various organizations within our company and our communities.
- Coordinate with engineers, municipal staff, and regional developers to ensure documents and plans are submitted correctly and processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for keeping accurate homesite detail (count, classification, design, etc.) in our internal system and planning platforms.
- Responsible for keeping master plans current including design changes and lot mix.
- Schedule and participate in pre-development, zoning, and platting meetings with municipal staff and key stakeholders.
- Create and manage project schedules for all communities relating to entitlement and zoning approvals.
- Responsible for timely sales releases of community phase and coordinate with regional teams.
- Attend city Planning and Zoning meetings and City Council meetings as needed.
- Ensure that community plats, and plans, meet or exceed city zoning requirements and design standards for governmental approval.
- Assist with special projects as requested and perform additional duties as required.
- Attend weekly meetings with third party engineers to maintain status and schedule of projects in entitlement process.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Communication skills: superior – both verbal and written
- Planning/Organizing skills: superior – orderly and systematic
- Multitasking/Prioritizing: superior – must be able to handle multiple deadlines
- Computer/Technology skills: superior – skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of principals, practices and techniques of residential community planning
- Experience in land planning
- Experience in BlueBeam
- Experience with GIS systems
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work in temperature controlled environment with occasional job site visits.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment, and various construction materials.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- 40 – 50 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, city events, etc.
- Occasional travel to other company regions or event locations is required
- Position is Exempt from overtime
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-Issued Cell Phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Company provided vehicle