Position in Lubbock
Software DeveloperApply Now
Apply technology to create and enhance processes, support operational efficiency, and unlock new insights in data.
Passionately create software that will align with and improve daily processes to help our companies and their teams become more efficient and effective.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute full lifecycle software development (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Release, Maintenance)
- Write well designed, testable code, and embrace a continuously integrated TDD environment and approach
- Create, test, and deploy new or enhanced software features, bug fixes, and reports
- Collaborate with customers to troubleshoot and find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Follow software specifications, coding standards and practices, test plans, and quality assurance procedures
- Protect and maintain the security, integrity, and stability of our customers’ systems and data
- Learn the Homebuilding business and serve as a subject matter expert regarding technologies we develop around it
- Write documentation, training material, and educate customers on new and existing software functionality
- Continually communicate the status of features, bugs, and projects to our customers appropriately and respectfully
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, IT or related field plus one (1) year of paid Full-time or Part-time software related
- experience OR a combination of related education and/or paid Full-time software related experience totaling three (3) years.
- Demonstrated understanding of Object Oriented Programming using one or more of the following (C#, VB.NET, Java, C++, Python)
- Preferred working knowledge of: NET Core, .NET MVC, .NET Web API, LINQ, Entity Framework, GIT, Angular, xUnit
- Firm understanding of team software development lifecycle and release processes
- Continual passion to proactively learn new software development skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with proven ability to drive projects to completion
- Outstanding communication skills and can effectively collaborate with teams and customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn without formal training
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and the tools used for designing and maintaining them
- Ability to document, verbalize and organize thoughts, and work well with all customers and employees
- Must be eligible to work in the US – Cornerstone is not currently sponsoring work visas or transfers at this time. Green Card or US Citizenship is required
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds
Hours & Schedule
- 40-45 hrs/week (Flexible) (between 7:30am and 5pm)
- Max 5 hrs Overtime
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, or to meet deadlines.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Company-issued cell phone
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Company Training Opportunities
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips
- Paid Time Off Policy