Position in Lubbock
Software Engineer II
Passionately create software that will align with and improve daily processes to help our companies and their teams become more efficient and effective.
- Primarily operate within the following areas of the SDLC (Design, Development, Testing, Release, Maintenance).
- Write well designed, testable code, and embrace a continuously integrated TDD environment and approach.
- Create, test, and deploy new or enhanced software features, bug fixes, and reports.
- Research and integrate 3rd party components and libraries into existing software.
- Collaborate with customers to troubleshoot and find innovative solutions to challenging problems.
- Follow software specifications, coding standards and practices, test plans, and quality assurance procedures.
- Protect and maintain the security, integrity, and stability of our customers’ systems and data.
- Learn the Homebuilding business and become a subject matter expert regarding technologies we develop around it.
- Communicate the status of features, bugs, and projects to our customers appropriately, respectfully, and continually.
- Write documentation, training material, and educate customers on new and existing software functionality.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS, or IT related field plus two (2) years of paid software related experience or four (4) years of equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Object-Oriented Programming using one or more of the following (C#, VB.NET, Java, C++, Python)
- Firm understanding of team software development lifecycle and release processes,
- Continual passion to proactively learn new software development skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills with proven ability to drive projects to completion
- Outstanding communication skills and can effectively collaborate with teams and customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to quickly learn without formal training
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational databases and the tools used for designing and maintaining them
- Proven ability to document, verbalize and organize thoughts, and use them to work effectively with customers and team members
- Must be eligible to work in the US – Betenbough is not sponsoring work visas or transfers at this time. Permanent Resident Card or US Citizenship is required
- Knowledge in: NET Core, .NET MVC, .NET Web API, LINQ, Angular, xUnit, SQL Server, Azure Services
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Office Role
- Works in temperature-controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, rock, etc.).
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 20 – 75 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- 40 – 45 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F)
- No evenings or Sundays
- Travel is occasionally required
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips