Accountants Receivable Associate
The Accountants Receivable Associate will impact our company by applying generally accepted accounting principles with excellence and integrity and providing accurate and timely accounting procedures accomplished through teamwork, while maintaining a growth mindset. This position will assist the accounting team in home closings and reporting revenue by company brands.
- Process home closings on a daily basis.
- Process all construction deposits and wait list deposits on a daily basis.
- Record cash inflows for all brands.
- Process refunds on a weekly basis.
- Explore ways to simplify and improve internal processes related to accounts receivable.
- Assist and lead accounting projects when needed.
- Answer departmental questions as it relates to accounts receivable transactions.
- Assist with month-end closes processes, including rebate accounting and account reconciliations.
- Showcase technical accounting expertise with a strong understanding of GAAP.
- Commit to taking an orderly and systematic approach in tasks.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, being able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly – able to discuss complicated accounting principles in everyday language.
- Seek to be a team player, ready to adapt on a daily basis for the good of the team.
- Show an eagerness to grow in knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and company application.
- Take ownership – has ability to make a decision, own a mistake and learn from it in the future.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Office environment
Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
Ability to lift 5 – 20 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- Average 40 hours per week (8am-5pm, M-F).
- Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips