Position in Midland
To be intentional at delivering a world class customer service experience to all homeowners by providing and performing quality warranty work and service that generates referrals.
- Responsible for completion of all warranty work performed in the homes that are assigned to you.
- Answer incoming warranty calls with professionalism and proper documentation, as well as all proactive calls.
- Inspect all work for quality and completion within tolerances, while making sure homeowners are delighted.
- Responsible for ordering necessary supplies and deliveries in a timely manner when needed.
- Use the company systems and technologies provided to maintain your work order schedule and trade partner schedule.
- Ensure trade pricing is agreed upon before work begins, while overseeing their work.
- Ability to solve problems and direct trades to perform the work needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Certifications, degrees, etc.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works outside in uncontrolled conditions. Position will be subject to possible extreme weather and driving conditions (rain, snow, high winds, sand storms).
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Works outside in uncontrolled conditions. Position will be subject to possible extreme weather and driving conditions. (rain, snow, high winds, sand storms)
- Superior communication skills with co-workers, customers, trade partners and vendors.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Frequent walking on uneven surfaces. (dirt, concrete, rock, trusses etc.)
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to navigate hazardous conditions such as frequent moving vehicles, construction equipment/tools, and various construction materials.
- Ability to lift 20-75 pounds.
- Should live within 20 minutes of the Midland New Home Center.
Hours & Schedule
- 45 – 50 hours per week (7am-5pm, M-F).
- 1 hour lunch required.
- On-call after hours and weekends will be required on a rotating schedule
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines
- Minimal travel required for company events and inter-region collaboration.
- Comprehensive Employee Benefit Package
- Employer-Paid Life, AD&D, LTD Insurance
- Enrolled into ESOP (Retirement Benefits)
- Paid Time Off Policy
- Company-issued cell phone
- Company Training Opportunities
- Company-Sponsored Vision Trips