Works and learns alongside Banquet Manager and Banquet Captain completing event tasks along with delegating day of roles to banquet team members and encourage excellence and unity within the team. Will assess the needs of an event and co-lead the execution of the event at the highest level of service.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Discuss event details with Banquet Manager, Event Specialists and the Kitchen Team
- Supervising the event layout of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, and Willows decor
- Supervising the catering layout in multiple locations and styles including chafers, heat lamps and tablescaping
- Communicate with Kitchen Team on timeline and placement of catering items
- Oversee the service of meals and clearing of tables
- Connect with clients and guests and answer any questions during an event in an accommodating way
- Leads Banquet Team members in tasks affiliated with each event day or event prep day
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Currently enrolled in a University program
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Works in temperature-controlled environment
- Vision for near, mid-range and far as well as hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license and must be able to be insured by company fleet insurance.
- Ability to lift 5 – 20 pounds.
Hours & Schedule
- Less than 30 hours per week.
- 35 minute – 1 hour lunch required.
- Lunch meetings are occasionally required.
- After hours and weekends may be necessary on occasion for trips, events, or to meet deadlines.